19 November 2005

The Passenger

In last week’s Time Out (London) Dave Calhoun wrote in defence of The London Film Festival. Interesting to note and something I completely missed in the programme was a screening of ‘The Passenger’ (aka ‘Profession: Reporter). The National Film Theatre earlier this year had a complete Antonioni retrospective, the only film they didn’t show was this one. Apparently as I had noted on this blog at the time was because Antonioni had to be present at any screening and frail as he is he’d already come to London for the opening of the festival and could not come back for ‘The Passenger’.

I’ve also noted on the ‘Dispatches from Zembla’ some excellent thoughts on the film as well as a link to Sony Picture Classics microsite for this film. So I guess it is being re-released but the site doesn’t say when. It does however have a trailer and lots of on set pictures which are worth checking out.

1 comment:

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from a krazy blogger down under in New Zealand. I was passing thru, so I thought I would stop off and say hello to you. Great blog.